SPARTANBURG, S.C.— A South Carolina man convicted of killing seven people says he has more victims who have not been discovered.
The Herald-Journal of Spartanburg reports that, in an eight-page letter, Todd Kohlhepp wrote that he tried to tell investigators and informed the FBI, but he said “it was blown off.”
“Yes there is more than seven,” Kohlhepp wrote in a letter dated Nov. 28. “I tried to tell investigators and I did tell FBI, but it was blown off. It’s not an addition problem, it’s an multiplication problem. Leaves the state and leaves the country. Thank you private pilot’s license.”
TAMPA, Fla. – Hearing impaired people tuning in to a news conference last week about the arrest of a suspected serial killer in southeast Seminole Heights got a message of gibberish as they watched an American Sign Language interpreter.
Derlyn Roberts, 53, stood to Chief Brian Dugan’s right during the Nov. 28 news conference. She was supposed to be providing sign-language interpretation.
A number of disappearances from Toronto’s gay village don’t seem to be connected, police told the public on Friday, also dismissing rumors of a serial killer in the area in light of growing concerns about safety in the community.
A task force was formed in October to investigate the disappearances of Andrew Kinsman and Selim Esen, who went missing from the Church and Wellesley area in June and April. Police also provided updates on the deaths of Alloura Wells and Tess Richey, who also went missing from the area, in response to intense criticism that the investigations were mishandled.
“There has been a great deal of misinformation disseminated through the media and other mediums,” said Det Sgt. Michael Richmond. He dismissed speculation that a serial killer is behind the disappearances, that the cases of Kinsman and Esen are linked, or that they are related to another set of disappearances from
At an hour-long press conference Friday morning, Toronto police reassured the public that there is no evidence of a serial killer being responsible for a wave of disappearances and two deaths in the city’s LGBT community.
At least nine people have been reported missing in Toronto’s Village neighbourhood, known as a hub for the city’s LGBT community, since March. Of the nine, two men are still missing and two women, one of whom is transgender, have since been found dead. One other man who went missing in the area was found dead, but foul play isn’t suspected. The others have been found safe.
Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders admitted to a group of reporters that the police may not have done the best job in handling these particular disappearances but looked to dispute any suggestion of a potential serial killer being responsible.
“We follow evidence,” Saunders said. “The evidence is telling us that
There’s no evidence that a serial killer was involved in the cases of recent missing and murdered people in the Church and Wellesley streets area, Toronto police said Friday.
While updating the investigations into the murder of Tess Richey, the death of Alloura Wells and missing persons Andrew Kinsman and Selim Esen, investigators addressed several concerns brought up by members of the community and posts on social media.
Speaking about Project Prism, the task force set up to investigate the disappearance of Kinsman and Esen, Det.-Sgt. Michael Richmond said the was no evidence that dating apps were involved in these cases.
“There has been a great deal of misinformation and speculation relating to the project prism investigation disseminated through the media and other mediums,” Richmond stated.
Richmond added that there has been no evidence that the two missing men are connected to each other or connected in any way to three other men
TACOMA (KCPQ)— The discovery of a partial human skull last month in a wooded area in East Pierce County has reignited interest in solving some long-term missing persons cases.
Investigators won’t know if the skull fragment is from a man or a woman until DNA test results are complete.
“Anytime there are human remains found in the state, loved ones of missing persons from around the state and sometimes bordering states will reach out and make sure that we are making that comparison and ruling out or checking on their loved ones,” said Carrie Gordon with the Washington State Patrol’s Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit.
RELATED: Police question if 5 missing women are victims of a serial killer
A McDonald’s bag that Howell Donaldson III handed to his colleague at the fast-food restaurant where he worked in Tampa was the key piece of evidence that led police to the alleged serial killer, authorities said today.
A person identified as “Witness 3” approached a police officer at the McDonald’s restaurant in Tampa’s Ybor City neighborhood Tuesday afternoon to tell them that an employee, Donaldson, gave them a “McDonald’s food bag” and said he planned to leave the state, according to a criminal report affidavit filed early today in Florida’s Hillsborough County.
Inside the bag was a .40-caliber Glock firearm loaded with SIG brand Smith and Wesson ammunition — the same weapon used in a string of mysterious slayings over the past six weeks in Tampa’s Seminole Heights neighborhood, officials said.
That gun was what investigators needed to identify the alleged killer, Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan told reporters at a news conference
A dragnet in the city of Tampa came to an end late Tuesday after police arrested a man who will face murder charges in connection with four killings that terrorized the neighborhood of Seminole Heights and sparked fears of a serial killer.
Howell Donaldson III was arrested at a McDonald’s restaurant in Ybor City, based on a tip given to Tampa police, FOX 13 Tampa reported. He will face murder charges in connection