Tag Archives: murders

Toronto murders: police examine hundreds of cases for serial killer link

Police in Canada’s largest city have said they will re-examine hundreds of missing persons cases after recovering the remains of at least six people from a property connected to alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur.



Bruce McArthur. Photograph: HANDOUT/Reuters

The remains were found in large flower planters at a residential property in Toronto where McArthur, 66, worked and stored his landscaping equipment. As the investigation widens, detectives have already visited at least 30 other properties in the city where McArthur was known to have worked.

“It is getting bigger and we are getting more resources as we go along, so it is going to be a very, very extensive investigation,” said DS Hank Idsinga.

Toronto is reeling from allegations

Read more at: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/08/canada-police-to-examine-hundreds-of-missing-persons-cases-for-link-to-serial-killer

New Orleans ‘serial killer’ admits to 3 more murders, DA says – FOX 8 News WVUE

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) –

The Orleans District Attorney’s office indicted a convicted killer on three additional counts of first-degree murder on Thursday.

Joseph Brandt, 48, confessed to the killings last week during a Texas prison interview investigators.

DA Leon Cannizzaro said the new indictment cemented his role “as a New Orleans serial killer who took the lives of at least four women.”

Prosecutors said the women were killed between October 2007 and September 2008.

Bond was set at $1 million dollars for each of the three counts.

Brant already has pleaded guilty and is awaiting a lifetime prison sentence imposed in December 2016, in connection with the stabbing death of botanist Jessica Hawk inside her Bywater home on Aug. 11, 2008.

Brant was to begin serving that life sentence in Louisiana upon completion of an unrelated 11-year burglary sentence he has been serving

Read more at: http://www.fox8live.com/story/37461814/new-orleans-serial-killer-admits-to-3-more-murders-da-says

New Orleans ‘serial killer’ admits to 3 more murders, DA says – Fox 8 – FOX 8 News WVUE

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) –

The Orleans District Attorney’s office indicted a convicted killer on three additional counts of first-degree murder on Thursday.

Joseph Brandt, 48, confessed to the killings last week during a Texas prison interview investigators.

DA Leon Cannizzaro said the new indictment cemented his role “as a New Orleans serial killer who took the lives of at least four women.”

Prosecutors said the women were killed between October 2007 and September 2008.

Bond was set at $1 million dollars for each of the three counts.

Brant already has pleaded guilty and is awaiting a lifetime prison sentence imposed in December 2016, in connection with the stabbing death of botanist Jessica Hawk inside her Bywater home on Aug. 11, 2008.

Brant was to begin serving that life sentence in Louisiana upon completion of an unrelated 11-year burglary sentence he has been serving

Read more at: http://www.fox8live.com/story/37461814/new-orleans-serial-killer-admits-to-3-more-murders-da-says

9 years later: Little progress made on solving West Mesa Murders


Our Team
|
Public Files EEO
|
Employment
|
Advertising


FCC Public Inspection Files:
|
KOB-TV
|
KOBF-TV
|
KOBR-TV
Any person with disabilities who needs help accessing the content of the FCC Public File may contact KOB via our online form or call (505)243-4411.


Privacy Policy
|
Terms of Use
|
DMCA Notice
|
Contest Rules
|
Site Map

Read more at: http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/9-years-later-little-progress-made-on-solving-west-mesa-murders/4770731/

9 years later: Little progress made on solving West Mesa Murders …


Our Team
|
Public Files EEO
|
Employment
|
Advertising


FCC Public Inspection Files:
|
KOB-TV
|
KOBF-TV
|
KOBR-TV
Any person with disabilities who needs help accessing the content of the FCC Public File may contact KOB via our online form or call (505)243-4411.


Privacy Policy
|
Terms of Use
|
DMCA Notice
|
Contest Rules
|
Site Map

Read more at: http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/9-years-later-little-progress-made-on-solving-west-mesa-murders/4770731/

New billboards ask public for information on West Mesa murders

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A plea to the public to help solve a 9-year-old serial murder case is now on display around Albuquerque.

Last weekend, KRQE News 13 reported on the billboards in the works, calling for anyone who knows anything about the West Mesa murders to come forward.

Now, some of them are up, including one at Central and I-25.

The group Street Safe New Mexico hopes the message might get through to someone with information that could crack the case.

This coming Friday, the group is holding a memorial to mark the anniversary of 11 women being found killed and buried in the West Mesa.

_______________

Send a Breaking News Tip

Report an error or typo

Learn about the KRQE apps

Read more at: http://krqe.com/2018/01/27/new-billboards-ask-public-for-information-on-west-mesa-murders/

Serial killer Robert Pickton filmed admitting to 49 murders says he ‘wanted to do one more’

One of the world’s most notorious serial killers expressed disappointment that he had been unable to murder more victims to an undercover police officer posing as his cellmate. 

Robert Pickton said he butchered 49 women at his farm near Vancouver, Canada. 

Unaware that he was being filmed, the 69-year-old told his police officer cellmate that he had “wanted an even 50” of victims but fell short of the macabre target after “being sloppy”.

Most of Pickton’s victims were sex workers, who he lured from Vancouver’s red light district to his farm with drugs and alcohol. 

There, he would have sex with them before murdering them. He then dismembered them before feeding the remains to his pigs or grinding them up into mince which he is believed to have mixed with animal meat and sold to the public. 

He killed some of the women by injecting them with anti-freeze from a syringe which he told them contained drugs. Others he stabbed to death.

Police

Read more at: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/robert-pickton-video-serial-killer-women-murders-vancouver-canada-a8175716.html

Deadliest Serial Killer: German Nurse Charged With 97 Murders

A German nurse serving a life sentence for murdering six patients has been charged with killing a further 97 people by lethal injection.

If convicted, Niels Högel, 41, would be the most prolific serial killer in German post-war history.

01_23_German_patient_in_hospital A patient being treated in a German hospital. Getty Images

The extra charges against Högel were filed by prosecutors on Monday, with his third trial in the northern city of Oldenburg expected to start later this year, Reuters reported.

Högel has said in court that he acted out of boredom and to impress colleagues when he gave patients injections to cause heart failure or circulatory collapse then tried to revive them. He said he felt euphoric on

Read more at: http://www.newsweek.com/deadliest-serial-killer-german-nurse-accused-97-murders-787657