Tag Archives: court

Accused serial killer accomplice Mary Rice appears in court, case pushed back

x

Embed

x

Share

CLOSE

Accused killer Mary Rice was arraigned on March 10 for the murder of Beulah resident Kayla Crocker. Rice allegedly was involved in a multi-day killing spree with William Boyette.

The woman accused of joining Billy Boyette on a multi-state killing spree appeared in court Thursday.

Mary Rice, 37, is facing one first-degree murder charge in Escambia County for the death of Kayla Crocker on Feb. 6.

She also faces accessory after the fact to murder charges in the death of her alleged accomplice Boyette’s ex-girlfriend Alicia Greer and Jacqueline Jeanette Moore in a Milton motel room

Read more at: http://www.pnj.com/story/news/crime/2017/09/15/accused-serial-killer-accomplice-mary-rice-appears-court-case-pushed-back/669280001/

Court sentences serial killer to death

A local court on Thursday awarded the death sentence to Kukkapalli Venkatesh after declaring him as guilty in the sensational murder of Prabhavathi, wife of a a city-based auditor, on July 9, 2016.

Venkatesh, a native of Kondapuram area in the district, is already serving life imprisonment in another case involving the murder of a priest and his wife at Chinacherukuru village in Nellore rural mandal, and is also accused in another murder case in Kavali town last year.

Delivering the judgment in the Prabhavati murder case, Fourth Additional District and Sessions Judge B. Srinivasa Rao sentenced the serial killer to death, whose modus operandi was to attack his victims with a hammer and rain deadly blows on them till their death.

Initially a construction worker, Venkatesh later opened an eatery at Kovur town a few years ago. He used to go around residential localities and identify easy targets. Last year, he entered

Read more at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/court-sentences-serial-killer-to-death/article19513197.ece

Gansu court begins trial of serial killer

An alleged serial killer, who was accused of raping and murdering 11 female victims in China, confessed in all seven cases during a trial Tuesday in a court in Northwest China’s Gansu Province.

Gao Chengyong, the suspect, pleaded guilty during the trial at the Intermediate People’s Court in Baiyin, Gansu, which started to hear Gao’s cases involving 11 deaths from Tuesday morning.

Zhu Aijun, attorney of Gao, told the Global Times on Tuesday that the remaining four cases will be heard on Wednesday.

“Gao looked calm during the trial,” Zhu said.

Gao, a native of Yuzhong county in Gansu, faces criminal charges including multiple counts of murder, rape, robbery and defiling corpses, according to previous reports.

The Baiyin Intermediate People’s Court said Monday that Gao’s case is influential and complex, the verdict would not be announced Tuesday, the Hongxing News, a news site affiliated with the Chengdu Business Daily, reported.

According to China’s Criminal

Read more at: http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1056920.shtml

Court documents tell chilling tale of Florida murder

Desiree Jean Tedder, the Dartmouth woman accused of murder in Florida, repeatedly struck Drulmauert Mims in the face with a crowbar while he slept, then stabbed him with a kitchen knife and used a pillow to suffocate him, according to a witness who was interviewed by Pensacola police.

Sleeping next to Mims in the Florida home of Tedder’s grandmother on March 30, was Lizmary Rodriguez, who recounted the story to police, saying she awoke to see Tedder attacking Mims.

Those chilling details and more are found in an affidavit released Tuesday by Florida State Attorney Bill Eddins’ office as part of Tedder’s pending extradition to Florida.

Tedder, 23, who was arrested June 28 at her mother’s Dartmouth home, is currently being held at the Bristol County House of Correction in Dartmouth. She is charged with second-degree murder. Christopher Abreu, a Bristol County prosecutor, said the

Read more at: http://www.southcoasttoday.com/news/20170711/court-documents-tell-chilling-tale-of-florida-murder

Serial Street Shooter Suspect Will Be in Court July 6 Facing Eight More Murder Charges

Serial Street Shooter Suspect Will Be in Court July 6 Facing Eight More Murder Charges (2)

Aaron Juan Saucedo, the accused Serial Street Shooter, will be in court July 6 to face a score of new charges, with his bond set at $8 million.

A Maricopa County grand jury handed up a 20-count indictment of the 23-year-old laborer and former city bus driver on June 27. The new charges, unveiled Friday, add to the existing court charge of murdering his mother’s boyfriend.

Saucedo is now accused of nine killings in a dozen shootings between August 2015 and July 2016.

Specifically, prosecutors added to the existing count of first-degree murder: eight more counts of first-degree murder, two counts of attempted murder, six counts of drive-by-shooting, two counts of aggravated assault, one count of discharging a firearm and one count of endangerment.

All are felony charges.

Phoenix police identified Saucedo as the suspected

Read more at: http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/aaron-saucedo-alleged-serial-street-shooter-formally-charged-9461100

Accused serial killer in court to hear evidence against him

A man accused in several homicides, including the 1997 death of a 19-year-old Oklahoma woman, was in court Friday.

The state on Friday called several witnesses, including the Texas rangers who interviewed Reece while in prison for unrelated crimes. A ranger testified that Reece admitted to raping and killing Johnston after he sprayed water on her at the car wash.

Her mother, Kathy Dobry, and other family members were in court to hear testimony and to see Reece in person.

“He’s evil,” Dobry said. “It’s strange because he shows no emotion. He just sits there.”

Reece also is accused in three homicides in Texas. Last year, he led investigators to two of the bodies.

He might face trial for those killings after his trial in Oklahoma is complete.

Read more at: http://www.koco.com/article/accused-serial-killer-in-court-to-hear-evidence-against-him/9545031

Chris Paul becomes a serial killer to take back home court in Game 3

SALT LAKE CITY — Blake Griffin’s injured big toe took him out of the game right before halftime and kept him from returning to the game altogether. The Utah Jazz executed almost flawlessly in the first half behind Gordon Hayward’s big moments. Everything kept point toward the Jazz taking Game 3 at home and nudging their way into the driver seat for this series. After taking Game 1 following Rudy Gobert’s sudden exit, the Jazz found themselves in control of their playoff destiny.

The Los Angeles Clippers were still close though. They were shooting the ball well and they were turning to Chris Paul to be the primary and secondary offensive option with Griffin gone. When the Jazz offense finally stalled out for a few minutes in the fourth quarter, CP3 pounced on the situation. The Clippers showed the resolve they’ve often been missing. They turned the pressure onto their opponents

Read more at: https://www.fanragsports.com/nba/chris-paul-becomes-a-serial-killer-to-take-back-home-court-in-game-3/

Renter sues accused serial killer, glad she ‘didn’t have to look at Todd’ in court

A judgment for $3,300 was awarded to a woman who sued accused serial killer Todd Kohlhepp after she said she didn’t receive her security deposit back from a property she rented from him.

Kohlhepp waived his right to appear at the civil trial in magistrate court Wednesday, said Chief Magistrate David Turner.

Christine King had been renting a property from Kohlhepp, who she claimed failed to return her $1,100 security deposit after she and her husband gave their 30-day notice to move out in October 2016.

A magistrate judge granted King treble damages, meaning she was eligible to receive triple the amount she was seeking in the suit.

Kohlhepp was arrested Nov. 3, 2016 after missing Anderson woman Kala Brown was found locked in a shipping container on his rural Woodruff property. Kohlhepp was later charged with seven counts of murder, two counts of kidnapping and criminal sexual conduct first degree.

Kohlhepp is facing

Read more at: http://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article144344049.html