Convicted serial killer Todd Kohlhepp claimed in a letter he wrote to a South Carolina newspaper that he killed more than the seven people he was convicted of murdering.
In a letter to the Herald-Journal in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Kohlhepp, 46, said he had tried to tell investigators about his other victims, “but it was blown off.”
“Yes there is more than seven,” Kohlhepp wrote in the eight-page letter. “I tried to tell investigators and I did tell FBI, but it was blown off. It’s not an addition problem, it’s an multiplication problem. Leaves the state and leaves the country. Thank you private pilot’s license.”
Don Wood, chief division counsel with the FBI’s Columbia office, told The Associated Press the agency has a pending investigation, but wouldn’t comment specifically on what the FBI is doing.
The families victimized by a serial killer will not find out until next year if the killer will die for his crimes.
Anthony Kirkland murdered four women, including a 13-year-old girl, who was attacked while she was jogging.
On Monday, the judge appointed two new attorneys to argue for Kirkland’s life.
The judge named the new attorneys because Kirkland’s original defense team withdrew from the case last week.
That happened because Kirkland was communicating with an attorney in the State Public Defender’s Office who was not working on his case.
“I’ve been doing this a long time. I’ve tried hundreds of murder cases. I’ve never seen this happen before, where somebody not representing him is actually talking to him when he’s in the jail, and basically undercutting two very good local attorneys. Basically, bad-mouthing them, calling them names, and saying that they don’t know what
The “11 that went to Heaven,” he called them, according to the Chronicle. Along with his supposed confessions, Bell, now 78, provided names for some of the girls he said he killed. He claimed he’d been brainwashed into violence.
But was he telling the truth?
Six years after the Chronicle‘s investigation of Bell, first published in 2011, comes AE’s new six-part docuseries The Eleven, which premieres on Thursday and
RIVERHEAD, N.Y. — A carpenter convicted in May of killing two prostitutes in the 1990s may be responsible for at least one of the 10 unsolved killings of people along a Long Island beach highway, a prosecutor said Tuesday.
Suffolk County Assistant District Attorney Robert Biancavilla made the revelation after the sentencing of 51-year-old John Bittrolff.
The Manorville man received consecutive 25 years-to-life sentences for the beating deaths of two prostitutes. A jury deliberated for seven days before convicting. Bittrolff denied killing the women and intends to appeal.
Police on Long Island are still investigating the unsolved killings of 10 victims of an apparent serial killer or killers. The 10 bodies were found with a couple of miles of one another, and several of the victims have been identified as prostitutes. Until Tuesday, no suspects had been identified in any of the deaths.