Tag Archives: alleged

New information on alleged East Feliciana serial killer’s possible motive postpones grand jury until November

The grand jury set for Tuesday in East Feliciana Parish for alleged serial killer Ryan Sharpe has been continued until November after investigators received new information Monday they believe could give insight into the 36-year-old’s motive, said 20th Judicial District Attorney Sam D’Aquilla. 

D’Aquilla, whose district covers East and West Feliciana parishes, had hoped to indict Sharpe on Tuesday in the slayings of two Clinton-area men and the non-fatal shooting of a third man, all of which happened since July. The district attorney said he believes he had enough evidence to indict Sharpe on first-degree murder, second-degree murder and attempted first-degree murder in the three shootings, but said the delay will give investigators more time to strengthen the case against Sharpe.

D’Aquilla declined to indicate details about the new information other than to say it involves Sharpe’s motive. 

Greg Phares, chief criminal deputy for the East Feliciana Sheriff’s Office, also declined to comment on the

Read more at: http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/crime_police/article_e5a2fdc2-b2c5-11e7-b3ad-4b040bcd0ba9.html

New information on possible motive of alleged East Feliciana serial killer postpones grand jury until November

The grand jury set for Tuesday in East Feliciana Parish for alleged serial killer Ryan Sharpe has been continued until November after investigators received new information Monday they believe could give insight into the 36-year-old’s motive, said 20th Judicial District Attorney Sam D’Aquilla. 

D’Aquilla, whose district covers East and West Feliciana parishes, had hoped to indict Sharpe on Tuesday in the slayings of two Clinton-area men and the non-fatal shooting of a third man, all of which happened since July. The district attorney said he believes he had enough evidence to indict Sharpe on first-degree murder, second-degree murder and attempted first-degree murder in the three shootings, but said the delay will give investigators more time to strengthen the case against Sharpe.

D’Aquilla declined to indicate details about the new information other than to say it involves Sharpe’s motive. 

Greg Phares, chief criminal deputy for the East Feliciana Sheriff’s Office, also declined to comment on the

Read more at: http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/crime_police/article_e5a2fdc2-b2c5-11e7-b3ad-4b040bcd0ba9.html

Death penalty sought for alleged ‘black widow’ serial killer

Prosecutors on Tuesday sought the death penalty for a 70-year-old woman, dubbed the “black widow,” charged with the murders of her husband and two common-law partners and the attempted murder of an acquaintance between 2007 and 2013.

Describing Chisako Kakehi’s alleged crimes as “heinous and serious incidents that are rarely seen,” the prosecutors said in their closing arguments at the Kyoto District Court that the victims — all elderly men — were given drinks laced with cyanide by Kakehi. She was heavily indebted and had been planning to inherit their assets.

The court is scheduled to hand down a ruling on Nov. 7, with the defense making its closing statements on Wednesday.

Prosecutors said Kakehi is mentally competent and can be held responsible for her crimes, which “were premeditated.” Her “cognitive function has not significantly deteriorated as shown in her psychiatric evaluation,” and she had no mental disorders

Read more at: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/10/10/national/social-issues/death-penalty-sought-alleged-black-widow-serial-killer/

Death penalty sought for alleged ‘black widow’ serial killer | The …

Prosecutors on Tuesday sought the death penalty for a 70-year-old woman, dubbed the “black widow,” charged with the murders of her husband and two common-law partners and the attempted murder of an acquaintance between 2007 and 2013.

Describing Chisako Kakehi’s alleged crimes as “heinous and serious incidents that are rarely seen,” the prosecutors said in their closing arguments at the Kyoto District Court that the victims — all elderly men — were given drinks laced with cyanide by Kakehi. She was heavily indebted and had been planning to inherit their assets.

The court is scheduled to hand down a ruling on Nov. 7, with the defense making its closing statements on Wednesday.

Prosecutors said Kakehi is mentally competent and can be held responsible for her crimes, which “were premeditated.” Her “cognitive function has not significantly deteriorated as shown in her psychiatric evaluation,” and she had no mental disorders

Read more at: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/10/10/national/social-issues/death-penalty-sought-alleged-black-widow-serial-killer/

Command nabs alleged serial killer, others – Punch Newspapers

Olaide Oyelude, Katsina

The Katsina State Police Command on Wednesday said it had arrested an alleged wanted notorious serial killer, Basiru Barau, aka Gojen-Mallam.

Barau, 25, was said to be a resident of the Tudun Wada area, Funtua, Katsina State.

The command’s spokesman, DSP Gambo Isah, who confirmed the arrest, said no fewer than three murder cases had been traced to Barau.

A statement by Isah read, “The Katsina State Police Command wishes to inform the general public that it has succeeded in arresting a wanted notorious serial killer, Basiru Barau, alias Gojen-Mallam, of the Tudun Wada area of Funtua, Katsina State.

“The suspect is a notorious member of an unlawful society of social miscreants otherwise known as Kauraye.  He had been declared wanted by the command in connection with three homicide cases alleged to have been perpetrated by him and his group.

“On July 30, 2014, the suspect was alleged to have attacked one Aliyu

Read more at: http://punchng.com/command-nabs-alleged-serial-killer-others/

Command nabs alleged serial killer, others

Olaide Oyelude, Katsina

The Katsina State Police Command on Wednesday said it had arrested an alleged wanted notorious serial killer, Basiru Barau, aka Gojen-Mallam.

Barau, 25, was said to be a resident of the Tudun Wada area, Funtua, Katsina State.

The command’s spokesman, DSP Gambo Isah, who confirmed the arrest, said no fewer than three murder cases had been traced to Barau.

A statement by Isah read, “The Katsina State Police Command wishes to inform the general public that it has succeeded in arresting a wanted notorious serial killer, Basiru Barau, alias Gojen-Mallam, of the Tudun Wada area of Funtua, Katsina State.

“The suspect is a notorious member of an unlawful society of social miscreants otherwise known as Kauraye.  He had been declared wanted by the command in connection with three homicide cases alleged to have been perpetrated by him and his group.

“On July 30, 2014, the suspect was alleged to have attacked one Aliyu

Read more at: http://punchng.com/command-nabs-alleged-serial-killer-others/

Alleged Serial Killer of White Men in Kansas City Charged (Watch)

Fredrick Demond Scott

*Though authorities aren’t feeling one thousand percent positive that Fredrick Demond Scott, 22, committed all five of the murders he is suspected of,  they have charged him with two of the killings after DNA evidence linked him to the crimes. In his comments to police he said then men “didn’t see it coming.”

Scott said he would “kill all white people,” according to court records and reported by The Star. In 2014 he also threatened to aim fire at a school.

The motive, though unclear, may have something to do with the 2015 murder of his older brother, Gerard Woods. He is said to have “repeatedly” voiced his anger about the incident to police.

Read more at EURThisNthat.

 


Share this:

Kansas City Murders Of White Men: Alleged Serial Killer Charged

A Black man has been charged in the ambush-style murders of two White middle-aged men and was suspected in the apparent serial killings of three others in Kansas City, Missouri. Fredrick Demond Scott, 22, allegedly told police the men “didn’t see it coming” after he was arrested Tuesday, The Kansas City Star reports.

All of the victims who police believe were killed by Scott were White men between the ages of 54 and 67, Jackson City Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker told reporters.

Scott’s motive was unknown as of Friday, but court records showed that he threatened to “kill all white people” and shoot at a school in 2014, the Star reported in a separate article. He also “repeatedly” told police that he

Read more at: https://newsone.com/3741434/kansas-city-murders-serial-killer-white-men-charged/

Alleged serial killer abandons bail application

Johannesburg – An alleged serial killer from Katlehong, south of Johannesburg, has abandoned his bail application in the Palm Ridge Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday.

Dressed in a dark jacket and blue jeans, Mongezi Mcunukelwa appeared briefly before a packed court gallery. His family were also in attendance.

According to the charge sheet, Mcunukelwa is linked to 10 murder cases and attempted murder.

He appeared calm and looked disconnected from court proceedings.

READ: Man accused of 9 murders, 4 attempted murders, back in court

His legal representative Kamohelo Mokoena said he received instructions not to proceed with bail application.

Mokoena did not give reasons to the court.

However a source close to the case told News24 that Mcunukelwa wanted to be kept in custody because he feared for his life.

Members of the community had also lodged a petition opposing bail which News24 has seen.

Prosecutor Goodwill Hlebela postponed the matter to October 31

Read more at: http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/alleged-serial-killer-abandons-bail-application-20170829

Alleged serial killer abandons bail application | News24

Johannesburg – An alleged serial killer from Katlehong, south of Johannesburg, has abandoned his bail application in the Palm Ridge Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday.

Dressed in a dark jacket and blue jeans, Mongezi Mcunukelwa appeared briefly before a packed court gallery. His family were also in attendance.

According to the charge sheet, Mcunukelwa is linked to 10 murder cases and attempted murder.

He appeared calm and looked disconnected from court proceedings.

READ: Man accused of 9 murders, 4 attempted murders, back in court

His legal representative Kamohelo Mokoena said he received instructions not to proceed with bail application.

Mokoena did not give reasons to the court.

However a source close to the case told News24 that Mcunukelwa wanted to be kept in custody because he feared for his life.

Members of the community had also lodged a petition opposing bail which News24 has seen.

Prosecutor Goodwill Hlebela postponed the matter to October 31

Read more at: http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/alleged-serial-killer-abandons-bail-application-20170829