TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Rosita and Howell Donaldson Jr. walked into courtroom 62 at the Hillsborough County Courthouse and sat quietly during the hour and a half hearing.
Their silence is what brought them before Judge Mark Wolfe.
On Friday, it’s what brought them six months of home confinement.
“The judicial process is all about a search for the truth. From the beginning, we were focused on getting information from the parents because the community and the families deserve it,” State Attorney Andrew Warren said.
A judge found Rosita and Howell Donaldson Jr. in contempt and said the two should be under house arrest for no longer than six months and must wear GPS monitors, according to a report by Spectrum Bay News 9.
Prosecutor: “It is not our intent to have the Donaldsons end up in jail. It is our intent to have them comply with the court order.”
MARTINEZ — Over the next few weeks, a Contra Costa judge will face a decision of great consequence: find a man accused of two murders mentally unfit to stand trial and give him a slim chance for freedom, or find him competent and send him on the way to a potential death sentence.
At the center of it all is Marc Carr, 29, a San Pablo resident accused of two murders, an attempted murder, kidnapping, and of assaulting a jail guard while attempting to escape the Martinez jail.
On Tuesday, proceedings began in a mental competency hearing for Carr, in front of Superior Court Judge Charles “Ben” Burch. Carr showed up in court with three
Delano Forbes, the triple murder accused who escaped from the police on Monday (February 12) afternoon, has been spotted in several communities, but is yet to be caught.
He was seen in the Buckleys area some time before noon today Tuesday, February 13. Prior to that, he was spotted running in Swetes village where he resided before his arrested and remand to Her Majesty’s Prison in December last year.
Meanwhile, the deputy commissioner of police, Atley Rodney says the photograph of Forbes in shackles, which has been circulating on social media, was taken by the police.
He explains that it was taken as part of the investigation in Swetes where Forbes was asked to point out additional things as evidence in one of the cases against him.
His face flushed under the shining sun, Bruce McArthur stands before the Niagara Falls, a rainbow rising into the azure sky from the mist behind him.
Dishevelled and his eyes bloodshot, Dean Lisowick stares with a weary expression from a police mug shot snapped in front of a grey background.
It has been more than three weeks since Toronto police took Mr. McArthur into custody and the pictures of the 66-year-old landscaper and the five men he is accused of murdering have now became stamped in the public consciousness.
Story continues below advertisement
The criminal charges against Mr. McArthur still have to be tested in court, but one recurring talking point has been the disparity between the images of the accused and the five slain men.
In one widely republished picture, Mr. McArthur poses in front of Niagara Falls. In contrast, Mr. Lisowick, one of the five men police
Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur did landscaping work at a building down the road from the property where police recovered the remains of at least six people, according to two former tenants.
“He would work on the lawn, take care of flowers, planters, and stuff like that,” said Frederic Bisson, who lived in an apartment building on Mallory Crescent in Toronto’s Leaside neighbourhood a decade ago. “I’m really shocked … he was really calm and quiet.”
Bisson’s roommate at the time confirmed that he, too, remembers seeing McArthur work on the property, but he never spoke to him.
A man already sentenced to life for murdering a Bywater woman in 2008 was accused of killing three more women in a stunning indictment unveiled on Thursday.
Joseph Brant, 48, was charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the indictment obtained by the office of Orleans Parish District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro. Prosecutors said he is expected to plead guilty, possibly as soon as he makes his first appearance in a New Orleans court.
Brant is accused of the October 2007 killing of an unknown woman, the January 2008 killing of Jody Johnson, and the September 2008 killing of Kirsten Brydum. He pleaded guilty in 2016 to the killing of a fourth women, Jessica Hawk.
Prosecutors said that Brant confessed to killing the women in an interview with a District Attorney’s Office investigator last week. Brant made his confession on the condition that he not face the death penalty, according to Cannizzaro’s office.
In Stephen King’s macabre short story “The Lawnmower Man,” a sex-crazed landscaper murders and dismembers the suburban homeowner who hires him to cut his overgrown lawn.
The tale ends when detectives arrive and end up trying to gather up the victim’s remains, which are scattered in a backyard birdbath and throughout the expanse of freshly mown grass.
While King’s story is the stuff of fiction, a real-life version seems to be playing amid the manicured lawns and neat flower boxes of Canada’s largest city, where officials are digging for human remains after the arrest of a landscape contractor last month.