Monthly Archives: June 2017

Serial Street Shooter Suspect Will Be in Court July 6 Facing Eight More Murder Charges

Serial Street Shooter Suspect Will Be in Court July 6 Facing Eight More Murder Charges (2)

Aaron Juan Saucedo, the accused Serial Street Shooter, will be in court July 6 to face a score of new charges, with his bond set at $8 million.

A Maricopa County grand jury handed up a 20-count indictment of the 23-year-old laborer and former city bus driver on June 27. The new charges, unveiled Friday, add to the existing court charge of murdering his mother’s boyfriend.

Saucedo is now accused of nine killings in a dozen shootings between August 2015 and July 2016.

Specifically, prosecutors added to the existing count of first-degree murder: eight more counts of first-degree murder, two counts of attempted murder, six counts of drive-by-shooting, two counts of aggravated assault, one count of discharging a firearm and one count of endangerment.

All are felony charges.

Phoenix police identified Saucedo as the suspected

Read more at: http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/aaron-saucedo-alleged-serial-street-shooter-formally-charged-9461100

Alleged Indiana serial killer objects to March trial date

A Gary, Indiana, man accused of killing seven women has objected in court to his planned trial date on murder charges in two of the slayings.

Darren Vann appeared in court Friday morning for the first time in more than a year, handcuffed and flanked by sheriff’s police. The (Northwest Indiana) Times reports ( http://bit.ly/2spV4M1 ) the 46-year-old Vann objected to the March trial date and swore at Lake Superior Court Judge Samuel Cappas when told prosecutors had requested a handwriting sample.

Vann was required to appear in court so he could be advised of his trial rights in the strangulation deaths of 19-year-old Afrikka Hardy and 35-year-old Anith Jones in October 2014. He waived his appearance at prior hearings.

Vann faces the possibility of the death penalty, if convicted.

———

Information from: The Times, http://www.nwitimes.com

Read more at: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/alleged-indiana-serial-killer-objects-march-trial-date-48380342

Alleged Indiana serial killer objects to March trial date

CROWN POINT, Ind. (AP) — A Gary, Indiana, man accused of killing seven women has objected in court to his planned trial date on murder charges in two of the slayings.

Darren Vann appeared in court Friday morning for the first time in more than a year, handcuffed and flanked by sheriff’s police. The (Northwest Indiana) Times reports (http://bit.ly/2spV4M1 ) the 46-year-old Vann objected to the March trial date and swore at Lake Superior Court Judge Samuel Cappas when told prosecutors had requested a handwriting sample.

Vann was required to appear in court so he could be advised of his trial rights in the strangulation deaths of 19-year-old Afrikka Hardy and 35-year-old Anith Jones in October 2014. He waived his appearance at prior hearings.

Vann faces the possibility of the death penalty,

Read more at: http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/alleged-indiana-serial-killer-objects-to-march-trial-date/

Transgender Killer Donna Perry Found Guilty | The Daily Caller

A jury in Spokane, Washington convicted 65-year-old Donna Perry on Thursday of three counts of first-degree murder for the brutal killing of three prostitutes in 1990 — a decade before the transgender murderer got a sex change operation in Thailand.

Prior to rechristening himself as Donna Perry and undergoing genital mutilation in Bangkok, Perry had been a man named Douglas Perry.

Superior Court Judge Michael Price announced the verdict in court on Thursday morning, reports The Spokesman-Review, Spokane’s main newspaper.

The evidence that Perry murdered the three women — Yolanda Sapp, Kathleen Brisbois and Nickie Lowe — was substantial.

In 2012, Perry told investigators that “there’s a great downturn in violence” after a man has a sex change operation

Read more at: http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/30/transgender-serial-killer-convicted-of-murdering-prostitutes/

Transgender Serial Killer Donna Perry Found G | The Daily Caller

A jury in Spokane, Washington convicted 65-year-old Donna Perry on Thursday of three counts of first-degree murder for the brutal killing of three prostitutes in 1990 — a decade before the transgender murderer got a sex change operation in Thailand.

Prior to rechristening himself as Donna Perry and undergoing genital mutilation in Bangkok, Perry had been a man named Douglas Perry.

Superior Court Judge Michael Price announced the verdict in court on Thursday morning, reports The Spokesman-Review, Spokane’s main newspaper.

The evidence that Perry murdered the three women — Yolanda Sapp, Kathleen Brisbois and Nickie Lowe — was substantial.

In 2012, Perry told investigators that “there’s a great downturn in violence” after a man has a sex change operation

Read more at: http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/30/transgender-serial-killer-convicted-of-murdering-prostitutes/

Transgender Serial Killer Convicted Of Murdering Prostitutes

A jury in Spokane, Washington convicted 65-year-old Donna Perry on Thursday of three counts of first-degree murder for the brutal killing of three prostitutes in 1990 — a decade before the transgender murderer got a sex change operation in Thailand.

Prior to rechristening himself as Donna Perry and undergoing genital mutilation in Bangkok, Perry had been a man named Douglas Perry.

Superior Court Judge Michael Price announced the verdict in court on Thursday morning, reports The Spokesman-Review, Spokane’s main newspaper.

The evidence that Perry murdered the three women — Yolanda Sapp, Kathleen Brisbois and Nickie Lowe — was substantial.

In 2012, Perry told investigators that “there’s a great downturn in violence” after a man has a sex change operation

Read more at: http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/30/transgender-serial-killer-convicted-of-murdering-prostitutes/

NSW serial killer loses bid for release

A packed Sydney courtroom has broken into applause at the news a NSW serial killer will spend the rest of his life behind bars.

The families of most of Samuel Leonard Boyd’s victims filled the public gallery as Supreme Court Justice Peter Johnson denied Boyd’s application to set a non-parole period for the five consecutive life sentences he received in 1985.

Boyd, now 61, brutally killed four people in Sydney over about seven months in 1982 and 1983 and wounded a fifth person with intent to murder.

His first victim, mother-of-two Rhonda Celea, 27, was found naked in her Busby hallway with a bloodstained child’s dress over her face after she hired Boyd to do some pest and weed removal in September 1982.

On Friday, her sister Margaret Hutton said it had been “gut-wrenching” to think Boyd could be released and her family was hugely relieved by the outcome.

“We’ve all been quite anxious, we’ve

Read more at: http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/06/30/22/27/nsw-serial-killer-loses-bid-for-release

The ‘Crazy Horse Girl’ rose to become Bristol Aggie valedictorian

DIGHTON — When Ally Bettencourt arrived at Bristol County Agricultural High School as a freshman, she knew her days of being taunted as the “crazy horse girl” were over.

“This school saved her life. She went from despair to joy,” said Ally’s mother, Kathy Bettencourt.

The poised, radiant, accomplished young woman who took the stage June 8 at Bristol Aggie’s commencement ceremony as valedictorian was also prom queen and is heading off to college to pursue her dream of becoming a veterinarian.

She could have basked in her popularity and success without ever looking back.

But instead Ally chose to do something very brave.

The week before graduation at the awards ceremony she brought the audience to tears reading aloud her senior essay about having been bullied in middle school and about the support and camaraderie she had found at Bristol Aggie.

The senior essay question was

Read more at: http://www.southcoasttoday.com/news/20170630/crazy-horse-girl-rose-to-become-bristol-aggie-valedictorian

Who is The Girl With The Peach Tattoo?

A man strolling with his daughter through Hempstead Lake State Park on the last Saturday in June stumbled upon a Rubbermaid container, opened it and found a woman’s mutilated torso stuffed inside.

Wednesday marked 20 years since that gruesome discovery on June 28, 1997, but investigators have yet to identify the woman or her killer. She is known as “Peaches” because of her most distinctive feature: a tattoo on her chest of a heart-shaped bitten peach. After two decades with no updates on the case, six months ago investigators confirmed they used DNA to determine skeletal remains found near Jones Beach State Park in 2011 belonged to the victim—and that a toddler dubbed Baby Doe found dead on the same barrier island that year was her daughter.

“I think out of

Read more at: https://www.longislandpress.com/2017/06/28/who-is-the-girl-with-the-peach-tattoo/